How To Organize A Research Paper Reference List In A Proper Way
Well research paper is one of the most crucial objects in your education life. Your upcoming whole future depends on the sheer excellence of your work. People will judge your credibility on your subject by thoroughly judging your research work. One must be pretty serious and conscious about choosing the topic. Let us go through some steps to have a good research paper.
- Choose such a topic from your subject that you have an interest on. It must not be too hard neither too easy. A hard topic will end up in lack of materials to complete your thesis. So do avoid subject with a narrow range of sources. An easy on will not catch an eye. So you must be quite judgmental.
- Finding materials about your topic is the next most important thing. One can go through all the books available to him/her on that topic. They can take help of their seniors and on the other hand surf the internet for more information. Do keep in touch with your mentor and always ask for help where needed.
- One must state their thesis at the very beginning. Writing down the thesis statement in one sentence is the first thing you need to do after you start off with pen and paper. Your statement of the thesis will be a declaration of your upcoming work and belief you have on it.
- Making of a tentative outline is very important. If you don’t have an outline of the work you are going to do then you may end up in a mess. You would miss away important points or topics. The chronological sequence might become a blunder. Making an outline helps you to think over the topic carefully and organizing it logically before stating. You must write down all the topics to be covered in your Introduction, Body and Conclusion.
- Do organize whatever notes, research materials, internet materials you have on your thesis topic and then start your work. This will give you an organized ambience to work in and you can easily avail anything at any time.
- Take all your notes go through them. Summarize, paraphrase and then write down your first draft. This will be like completing half of your work.
- Revise the draft and check it thoroughly. Check for all kinds of mistakes may be grammatical or technical. If you need to reorganize any part do it in the first draft.
The last work to be done is to prepare a fresh copy of your work and suitably bind them. Don’t make a haphazard dirty work which will lead to a bad impression in the eyes of the person who will be checking your work.