Top 10 best psychology research paper topics
Students who have to write a research paper will often go online to find topic ideas and essay writing help. Sometimes the teacher tells the class to choose any psychology topic they are interested in. For some students this is great because they have all the freedom they want to choose any topic under the sun. For other students, they feel completely lost because they don’t know where to begin to look for a topic idea.
Where to look for psychology topic ideas
- Browse through your textbooks and see if a topic sparks your interest.
- Look back through your class notes and find something you had a question about.
- Look in the news for topic ideas.
What are the top 10 best topics for psychology papers?
Sometimes you just need some concrete topic ideas to help you get started. Here are some of the best topics for psychology research papers today. These are very general in nature; remember to find a specific twist which is precise enough to be covered in the scope of your research paper.
- Theories about dreams – how do they affect the mental growth and development of the human mind?
- Cyber bullying – what are the ramifications? How does it impact the self-esteem and emotional development of the teen victim?
- College and University graduates – what is the mental impact on graduates given today’s sparse job market and crashing economy?
- Current events – identify an issue currently in the news in your local area and investigate the psychological impact of that issue on a specific group of people.
- Psychological disorders – there are common issues that people face. Think about the impact these issues may have on the life and family of an individual. Avoid just listing the facts about the particular disorder. What are the effects?
- Psychology indigenous to an area or group of people. Investigate the psychology of a culture that is native to them or their region; not transported from other areas.
- Has psychology today become too dependent on giving a text book diagnosis? Has it reverted too far away from just plain listening?
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PDD) – Is it ignored by doctors and psychologists? What effect does it have on young women? What should be done about it?
- Random page in a psychology book – some students who have a hard time choosing a topic find success by just opening their text book randomly to a page and then picking something on that page to investigate in their research paper.
- Parapsychology – does it deserve a serious place in today’s psychology? Why or why not?