Creating interesting sports research paper topics
The key to creating an interesting topic is to search for ideas, brainstorm ideas and then use what you’ve discovered to create something unique that is of interest to you. For sports research papers, you have several general categories to choose from, including:
- Sports business and law
- Athletic fitness
- Political issues surrounding sports
- Sports and culture
- Issues in coaching
- Sports management
- College sports issues
- Recreational sports
- Sports medicine
- Social issues connected to sports
- Women in sports
Within one of those broad categories listed above, you could narrow down to a great topic. You do this by doing some research in your category in general. Search until you find at least 3 ideas you are quite interested in. An example for the category of Issues in coaching might be “The leadership style of Roberto Mancini” (or you could insert another coach’s name there.)
From there you would do some more research, this time specifically about this topic. Then you start your brainstorming. Was there something in the research that jumped out at you, or did you notice a void in the research, something you want to delve deeper into? Once you have finalized the details of your topic, you can begin writing.
If you would rather look over long lists of sports research paper topics to find one you want to use or to tweak it slightly to make it unique, here are some examples:
- How taxes fun professional hockey
- Have Babe Ruth’s contributions to baseball been neglected?
- Modern issues in cross gender coaching
- Concerns in football safety
- Critical thinking tactics for high school coaches
- Toronto Blue Jays winning streak: just a fluke?
- Essentials of sports training
- Degree of racism in college basketball
- Cardiovascular disease in top athletes
- Does college football tackle academics?
One thing to keep in mind is try not to choose a topic that’s been written many times before, especially if your teacher has already read all there is to know about said topic. Choosing the most popular topic means you have to work harder to impress, and do deeper research to try and present something that’s new and interesting. This is much more difficult than taking a slightly less popular topic and writing a really interesting sports paper on that topic. Your teacher will be reading it for the first time and learn something new and interesting.